The 10th edition takes place in the Old Fort, Zanzibar Stone Town during 14 – 17 February 2013. The Old Fort will host three nights of non-stop live music, with the main programme continuing Friday through Sunday with performances from 5pm until 1am.
Highlights of the festival include:
- 200 musicians: upcoming and established groups, acoustic and electric, from East Africa and beyond. 20+ groups, all performing 100% live.In the Old Fort shows continue on the main stage Friday through Sunday with performances from 5pm ‘til 1am.
- Best of the Best - highlights and audience favourites of past festivals.
- African Music Films: documentaries, music videos and live concert footage.
- Movers & Shakers: Daily networking forum for local and visiting arts professionals.
- Festival marketplace: food and drinks, music CDs, jewellery, clothing and handicrafts.
- Busara Xtra: Around festival time, the island is buzzing with a range of fringe events: traditional ngoma drum and dance, fashion shows, dhow races, open-mic sessions, after-parties and performances of Zanzibar’s oldest Taarab orchestras are arranged by the local community. We recommend adding a week or more to your trip for unwinding at the beach, exploring cultural tours and safaris.